Brian Butterworth published on UK Free TV
What data do we collect?UK Free TV collects personal information about yourself (your postcode and email address) to make possible the services on our website. Such services include message boards and ukfree.tv Freeview prediction.
How do we collect your data?You directly provide UK Free TV with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you: Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?Ukfree.tv will never contact you for promotional purposes or notifying you of site improvements unless you specifically ask the email notification system to do so. You can cancel your subscription to notifications at any time. We only use your email address for the notifications, and hold no other personal information to provide this service.
How do we store your data?UK Free TV securely stores your data at AWS London. UK Free TV will keep your message board data indefinitely.
MarketingUK Free TV will never send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
What are your data protection rights?UK Free TV would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request UK Free TV for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that UK Free TV correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request UK Free TV to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that UK Free TV erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that UK Free TV restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to UK Free TV 's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that UK Free TV transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Providing location-specific reception predictions
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality - UK Free TV uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising - UK Free TV uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. UK Free TV sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookiesYou can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact the appropriate authorityShould you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that UK Free TV has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Original version 10th September 2006 at 20:09
Help with Freeview, aerials?
In this section
Sunday, 19 December 2021
Saturday, 1 January 2022
Select more commentsYour comment please